Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stability would be a beautiful thing...

Waking up with the knowledge that you have to go to work is something that should be cured. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to wake up at least THINKING you had the day to spend with family, plant flowers, go on a hike, or whatever? I do think getting out of bed would be so much easier.

Many things happening this last week, all for our good, but all things that control freaks freak out about. :) Yep, that would be me. I really think that my dear peace loving husband would like to throw me out for a few months, and have me come back with a new attitude.

So this is what I am working on right now. Another woman shared the verse, and it so hit my heart that I decided to cruise through Isaiah for the next week. God, help me to see you as "the STABILITY of my times":
The LORD is exalted, for He dwells on high;
And He will be the stability of your times,
A wealth of salvation, wisdom and knowledge..." Isaiah 33:5-6 (abbrev)

Such a good reminder, yes? Maybe you will read through Isaiah 33 today and tell me what you see. Another verse in that chapter that amazed me was in 17, and instead of pointing to Hezekiah, the ruling King at that time, the commentary I read said that it was a clear shout out to the Messiah- and the people of Israel would have understood that and hung their hope on the coming Christ- my Jesus. So cool!

"Your eyes will see the King in His beauty; They will behold a far-distant land.
For the LORD is our judge,
The LORD is our lawgiver,
The LORD is our king;
He will save us-- " Isaiah 33:17, 22

God bless you today!

No comments: