|(She is seriously the sweetest baby ever. My heart...it's just too much!)|
It's been slow at work, and while that is definitely tough on the wallet, the rest of life has been busy busy! The break from work has given me so much more time to spend with my family and getting to know my Jesus better though, I am grateful. A friend said recently "When I'm going through the tough trials, I just ask God to help me LEARN what He's trying to teach me RIGHT NOW...so I don't have to go through it again!" How true is that? In all the rough patches the last two years, I am earnestly asking God to change me and grow me through it...so I don't have to do it again!!
One of the topics in the "Contentment" Bible Study we are doing (see this post for info) was on "Content with Circumstances". Wow, how easy is that? I can know I shouldn't compare, worry, and say "if only...", but that knowledge rarely stops my action. The more I read through Philippians 4 though, the more God is showing me that the key is where my thoughts are. Actively "rejoicing", "praying" and "thinking on" is how I move past regret and disappointment and on to all that God has done...and will do...in our lives.
|(My girl loving her girl. It's beautiful to see.)|
"Her astute mother faxed a reply consisting of just two lines.
Two women looked through prison bars
One saw mud, the other saw stars.
(Dillow pg 29, Calm My Anxious Heart)
Oh, how true that is! I couldn't help but see this and remember a journal I had started years ago, to just list all the blessings I see around me. It's been far too long since I wrote in it.
|(This picture makes everything else worth it. So totally Spencer, and so totally a daddy loving his baby girl.)|
My "Philippians 4:8" List
* I get to kiss baby cheeks every day
* Sweet teens who have struggled to see God, still want to meet each week and read His Word with me. Truly a blessing
* Spencer got a job and a drivers license! (you have NO IDEA how exciting that is to me- EVERY DAY I drive him to and from school, the gym, work, church, and whatever else needs to be done. I think I feel more freedom with that license then he does! No more 7 am car pool for me! After almost 2 years of it, all I can say is- Woot woot!)
* Jasmine was given a safe car to drive her family in
* Jordan is maturing and proving it by actually doing his schoolwork
* Steve is satisfied at work and is feeling healthier each day
* The sun came out!
* Family relations are healing and it's wonderful to watch
* Easter is coming- my favorite holiday
* We have a home, the electricity is on and there is food in the fridge
The list could go on and on- so I will keep adding to it every day! God bless you!
|(What a family!)|