Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Life IS the messy bits."


That line must be said with a sweet British accent to achieve full effect. Too often I make up my mind to not have "messy" times in my life- and God is good enough to remind me that THAT is an impossibility. Mostly because I am a horribly fallible person, but also because I live in a fallible world.

My sweet girl had a really tough Friday- the "Mean Girls" were out to play. So in an effort to remind my Jazz what real life is like- sans middle school drama- we took a night out. Dinner, a movie, and nothing but girl time and laughing. God is so good- He knew I needed that time more than she did!

We went and saw the movie, "Letters to Juliet" and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it! One of my favorite scenes is when the trio of main characters are driving up to an Italian Mansion that just MIGHT be the home of the Grandma's long lost love, Lorenzo. The Grandson, Charlie basically says to Grandma that if this is her Lorenzo, what a sweet deal because she gets to chill with the farmer boy turned billionaire and "skip all the messy bits" of getting to that level of success. Grandma (played by Vanessa Redgrave- so perfect) says with a look of wisdom and coy smirk, "Life IS the messy bits, Charlie". Oh, don't we all need someone to remind us of that at times? When we start to think everyone else's life is the normal, perfect one we should have? Cinematic genius at it's best. And of course the movie is based on a book, which is almost always the reason for a great story. :) Don't want to give any other spoilers away, but I so hope you have the chance to take a teen daughter, friend, boyfriend, husband, whatever to this movie. Not only is it a pretty PG rating, but it will make you DROOL for Italy, the settings are breathtaking.

I suppose I should go and finish writing lessons, studying for my chemotherapy certification test and maybe running that laundry I keep thinking about. It was just nice to run away for a bit this morning and say hello to you. Today it is a struggle to stop day dreaming about the beautiful salvias in bloom, my pin cushion flowers that need trimming, and all the other pretty little things that beckon me. :)

"I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds. Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God?" Psalm 77:11-13

Praying God brings you a smile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this wonderful post.