Thursday, November 4, 2010

To raise a man...

Whirlwind days, but so good to be in the fall season. Especially good when the temperature stays around 70 while the leaves turn to gold! Love it! Oh, how I wish the heat could stay and the seasons move forward, but alas- I know this will pass and I will dig out the scarves, sweaters and parka jackets sooner than later. But that also will bring Christmas and snow and days of doing nothing but sitting with a book by the fire. Not a bad deal!

I had a moment this week where all was right with the world, and it was wonderful. Busy, busy after work and school, sent my boy off to his friends and got my things to head to the barn. As I drove to pick up Jazz- who do I pass but my boy again, riding his bike down the road, head phones on, blue hoodie flapping with the wind in his hair. Of course it put a smile on my face, but as I passed him and waved out the window, my side mirror showed me a glimpse of why we mamas do what we do. I saw in the mirror the face of my boy, but finally saw that he isn't a boy anymore. My man child is growing up, half way to 16 and full of his own ideas and opinions, goals and passions. And that is a good thing. In that mirror I saw him lift up a hand to wave, and a pure, joyful smile on his face. That smile put the anxieties in my heart at ease, my faith in God strengthen and my hope for the future generations secure. That smile reminded me that God is God alone, and no matter my fears or concerns for what might, should or will happen- it is going to turn out just right, according to His great design. I will keep pushing, keep praying, keep loving and keep BELIEVING God will hold these dear ones close to Him. And I trust that the prayers I give my Father will not go unanswered, or unheard. Oh, what a wonderful moment of peace in the midst of a really tough week.
Thank you, Papa, for always being faithful to me when I am not. Thank you for moments that take our breath away at the thought of Your greatness. My peanut brain can not understand how you maintain the Universe while at the same moment bless this silly mama's heart when you know she needs it most. You, oh Lord, are a great God.
“Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." Jeremiah 32:17
(Getting pictures of this guy lately has been tough, but I will persist! :)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

If your "man-child" is anything like his Daddy, he will still be a kid for a long time. Just in a bigger body. :) Still miss you guys tons!