Friday, May 27, 2011

Fridays make every other day worth it!


Too many whiner posts in a row, and I apologize. So instead, I wanted to send you a post of some things that I am thankful for. I realized yesterday thanks to the wise words of a friend, that I am running on empty, and that makes life bleak. But God is good- and all it takes is time well spent with Him, snuggling with His Word to fill me up, and today, my "cup runneth over"!


Thankful for my now SIXTEEN year old- that he loves me in spite of my insanity and is growing into the type of person I would actually want to be friends with.


Thankful for the ability to learn, which keeps life so interesting!


Thankful for my girl who has been stressed to the max with other people's drama and yet she never fails to work hard at loving and comforting everyone around her. She is my joy...<3


Thankful for all the things that make me scratch my head and laugh out loud.


Thankful for ladies who remind me why I'm here!


Thankful God gave us time to watch a little baseball! Love these boys so much, and seeing them grow is AWESOME!


And more than anything, thankful for the time God provides to rest and renew our spirits.

It was such a nice reminder to have God tell me that I MUST be "rooted...in love" for anything to be effective. Thank you Lord, for Your strength and peace. May I never forget again where it comes from, and help me to "grasp how wide, long, high and deep" Your love is for Your children. You will not leave them struck down or destroyed.

Spend some time in 2 Corinthians 4 or Ephesians 3 today, friend. It does a body good. ;)

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesian 3:14-21

No comments: