Friday, June 10, 2011

Joy in the Morning!


Joy in the Morning

As we make it to the top of the hill
and look behind at where we've been,
It's hard to believe we made it, but here we are at last.
Taking a look at what awaits us beyond the next ridge,
Helps us to realize that our lives have been extremely blessed,
by the lives we have touched and the lives that have touched us.
Knowing that the places we will go
will far exceed the places we have been.



So look to the mountains from them we will get our strength,
The places that we have been can scarcely hold a light,
To the joy that will come in the morning from the tears we have shed tonight.

Grace M. Jordan © 2001 poem

Such a promise to know that even when we can't see the end- we know it is "just around the bend". Worry has been a significant part of life the last few weeks, and yesterday evening was a much needed reprieve for an hour. Thank you, Ned with Vision NW Photography for giving of yourself and taking photos of my beloveds. I see their faces every day and sometimes forget to enjoy the wonder of how amazing they are, and how fast they grow up. Lord, thank you for my children- for all our children who are growing and changing...hold them close and show them who You are!

How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer, LORD my God...But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the LORD’s praise, for he has been good to me." Psalm 13:2-6

My kids are great sports! Picture after picture they "grin and bear it", so there had to be SOME silly moments!



No comments: