Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hawaii Day 1- "Whad's da haps, bra?"


What a crazy week! On Tuesday I was fully prepared to keep missing my daughter for another week. Then on Wednesday I got a surprise birthday present- a trip to Hawaii to meet up with her! How good is our God? Steve and I had contemplated sending me with her in the beginning, but we decided to save the money instead and let her have special time with her Grandma.

Well, by day one she was so homesick, and it just broke my heart. Then God blessed us both through my mom's generosity! So amazing!

I normally hate traveling and never want to play tourist, but to see my girl, it makes it all worth it! Not to mention being WARM for the first time in weeks! I walked out of the airport and just had to stop and soak it up....so warm!

It's the rainy season in Hawaii, so I don't know how much sun we will get, but it will be so fun to catch up with my Auntie who lives here and see Jasmine experience this state for first time. We barbequed with the family last night, got thoroughly lost as we tried to go downtown to see a movie, bumped the music as we sped down the mountain and enjoyed the night lights, and laughed until we cried as we "people watched".

Father, you are far too good to me. After a week of tears and worry, between missing my girl, watching my husband struggle with lost, and hurting for teens that have to struggle so hard, God has absolutely put a smile back on my face.

I am going to go soak up the warmth, drive around the island...and praise the Lord for His never ending compassion. Oh, to have a God who UNDERSTANDS us. Thank you, thank you!

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:15-16

1 comment:

tracey said...

Which island are you on? I have a sister in law on the big island--right in Hilo. You wouldn't by chance be there?

Renee, it's Tracey--Samson's family! He is doing great, he has started barking--but just to get inside! He and Mollie play and run in the yard. I have been following your blog still, I love your perspective...thank you for blessing me. I ask about my sister and which island because she is not a Christian and is going through some real hard times with her family--just had a baby and troubles with her husband. I think the Spirit is opening her heart to Him, but she has no christian friends and is in a new city. SHe does make friends easily, she is lovely indeed! Can you pray for her?

I will be praying for you and Jasmine. What a great vacation with your daughter and mom!

lots of love
tracey