Saturday, January 19, 2013

Put some more wood on that!


I definitely shouldn't be allowed to blog any time after 1 AM ever again. What a fire that last post started. I received dozens of messages from people wanting to show their support, some wanting to turn me from my dark ways, and others fearful that I was abandoning the concept of church! Whew! Did I miss the mark on my purpose. I suppose that's the reason I am not a writer.

To clarify-
* I LOVE my church. It's a place where I can be me. Opinionated. Disagreeable. Loving. Merciful. I can pursue learning and growth, and I can disagree with some decisions.
* I LOVE people. Even when we don't see eye to eye.
* And I hope I never abandon the directive from God that tells us to not forsake meeting together, and "as iron sharpens iron", I hope I always rub shoulders with those who challenge me to really mean what I say.

Just as I can obey the laws of my country even though the sight of Obama's face makes my blood pressure rise, I can choose to submit to the things about church I don't agree with when it deals with preference. Changing ministries, how I "do" church, doesn't mean I don't like church.

As much as I am confused at times on how to relate "Cast the sinner out" in Matthew, with "Neither do I condemn you" in John, I do understand this-
"I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one- I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." John 17:22-23
I am sorry if I caused you to be divided. There is a saying, "When you find the perfect church, and become a member...it ceases to be perfect." I don't expect perfection from any church, especially because I am there! Thank you for giving me the grace to have an opinion, though. Let's keep each other thinking, allowing questions...and chances to get on our knees. 


So, on a much less exciting topic- thought I would tell you about BOUNTIFUL BASKETS! The greatest thing I have found in a long time, thanks to some wonderful CHURCH friends (teeheehee) who shared the tip.

I went to pick up my first basket today and was so pleased with what I got! I saved at least 40% on produce I would normally buy at Safeway, and I didn't have to settle for Winco's terrible quality to get the deal. Avocado, celery, carrots, greens, parsley, oranges, apples, potatoes, onions, fresh ginger, chili peppers- the list goes on! All so delightfully FRESH. Strawberries that aren't bland and a beautiful pineapple rounded out the treats.

All you have to do is go to www.bountifulbaskets.org and all the instructions are there. It's completely volunteer, so read through all the notes. You can place your "contribution" on Monday, and pick up delicious fresh veggies and fruits on Saturday! If you are a juicer, this is even better- they have add on baskets for just dollars.

Give it a try and see what you think, it was so worth it. Now I am going to go take my fresh strawberry cobbler out of the oven, and pop in the banana/strawberry muffins. Mmmmmm!

(Pictures taken from random blogs who love Bountiful Baskets too- we started eating ours before I could get the camera out!)

No comments: