Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A year of "Letting Go". Goodbye, 2012.

If you had told me last January, where we would be today, I would have said you have an active imagination. But the reality is, we can't plan for everything, and sometimes, we just have to learn to let go...and let God. So instead of saying, "Goodbye and good riddance," to 2012, I am just going to wave and smile.

What I learned in 2012:

January: Enjoy the small things in life, the things that just happen.
  "“Four things on earth are small, yet they are extremely wise:  Ants are creatures of little strength,
    yet they store up their food in the summer; hyraxes are creatures of little power, yet they make their home in the crags;  locusts have no king, yet they advance together in ranks;  a lizard can be caught with the hand, yet it is found in kings’ palaces." Proverbs 30:24-28
Nerf wars...so worth the bruises and the blood.
 


February: Embrace the friendships around you. They are precious for as long as we are blessed to have them.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” 1 John 13:-34-35

March: Take time out to laugh, and relax a little.
 "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22



April: Don't under estimate yourself.You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.
 (Philippians 4:13)

May: Don't neglect the friendships that have helped shape the person you are today.
"Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” 1 Corinthians 15:33
June: Cherish every stage of your life. This month will forever be engraved in my mind. I will never forget the month I found out I was going to be a grandma.
"There is a time for everything..." Ecclesiastes 4


July: Always remember that we are a work in progress. This month I came to terms with a lot of things, and God just kept reminding me of 2 Corinthians 5. It was such a comfort for me as we processed our new roles, and I kept remembering what one of the skate church pastors use to say so many years ago when we first came to know the Lord. "Although this earthly tent is fatally bent, it's true contents are heavenly sent".

First job!!

Love these men.
August: If we want to get anywhere, we have to "row together". No matter how hard it gets.
" Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:12




September: Little things can make any day better.
My grandbaby's footprint!



October: Life is a gift that should never be taken for granted.


 November: Sometimes deciding to do the right thing is hard, but it's always worth it. When we humble ourselves before the Lord, He WILL lift us up. (James 4:10)

December: Thirteen years is far too long to wait before taking a weekend away for yourself with a few good friends!
" Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord..." Acts 3:19


I am ready to welcome in a new year with all that it brings. Good or bad- I choose to thank God for the path He sets me on. Help me see You clearly, Lord.

"For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all... And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again." 
2 Corinthians 5:14-15

1 comment:

Kaitlynn Marie said...

Love it Renee! I love all the lessons learned and sweet scripture. Praying this new year is full of wonderfuls and drawing even closer to the Lord.