Thursday, September 8, 2011

To be fully satisfied...


It is amazing to me how a good day, even a great day, can go bad so fast. We are so easily shaken and it's too bad. I don't know that there is any way to change it, maybe we will always be quick to react, but I am so glad that God doesn't leave us there for long.

As I watched one of my sweet ones cry them self to sleep from a hurting heart, I asked God to never let their compassionate heart grow hard. I had read them Psalm 63 and even in the midst of it all, I smiled to see how the word of God brings comfort and healing...even before we know it.

A dear friend had shared that Psalm with me earlier in the night, and I remember thinking how much I loved the way you can read a passage for years, and for whatever reason it will strike you as brand new and perfect in certain moments of your life. Little did I know at that time God was giving the Psalm to me for my dear one. As we read these words again and again:

"I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
I cling to you;
your right hand upholds me
." Psalm 63:4-8

I heard the promise to my beloved, and saw the light returning. Never do we need doubt that we are alone, never should we stop praising Him for all He does. We truly can be "fully satisfied" when our focus is right, our attitude is hopeful, and we trust our Savior completely. Thank you, Lord, in advance for what you will do in us and for us. And thank you that your mercies are new every morning...GREAT is Your faithfulness.

(Pics are just for fun, made me smile in spite of my "Debbie Downer" post. Today is a new day!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. Heartache sucks, but God is good.

Doanz said...

...All the time. <3