Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dr. Seuss never fails...

(Don't be horrified! Our plan was to throw the baby if Mindy spooked. Bahahaha!)
In the midst of national madness, we can still feel God's provision. Right when I decided to take a break from my social media sites, the bombing in Boston happened. Steve keeps me updated on the findings, but it's a relief not to have the gory details right in my face all day long on my Facebook/Twitter/etc etc- and instead be able to just pray for the post trauma of those who were directly affected. When you think about the fraility of life, the sanctity of it...makes you want to hug and kiss your people and not take a day for granted, doesn't it?

The last couple of weeks in the contentment study we have been working through, God keeps asking us to be content in our roles, content in our relationships. Whoohoo- easy to say! But so incredibly hard to do. Why is it that it takes tragedy to open our eyes and push us to be thankful for what we do have? I wish I knew. It reminds me of a Dr. Seuss quote I use to love:
"Sometimes the questions are complicated, and the answers are simple."
(Found our happy place!)
It's a simple thing to look at what is in front of me, rather than look for what I wish was.
It's a simple thing to read the Good Book and believe it, rather than question why it's so hard.
It's a simple thing to trust that God is at work in the world, rather than focus on the ugly.
It's a simple thing to enjoy my work each day, rather than dream that someone else will do it.
It's a simple thing to just love...to forgive...to pray...to listen.

My study this week ended with committing to "secret choices" we can make regarding relationships in our lives. The idea was "What I choose to be, What I choose to do, What I choose to say". I love that because it reminds me: We can't control anyone around us- their choices, their lives. But we can control ours. We can trust God to be acting in it.
(Oh, I missed seeing this!)
The author shared hers:
"What I choose to be- faithful to God.
What I choose to do- forgive others, go beyond forgiveness
What I choose to say- words of blessing and love."                       Dillow, Calm My Anxious Heart
                                                                                                                                 page 82

What are your "secret choices", friend? Make today count for eternity.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -Dr. Seuss

(Training up the next generation of CowGirl! Brielle loved looking at Mindy's "spots")


"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil, cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves...Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse...If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."
(Romans 12:9-10, 14, 18)

(Had to share this song. I am glad my kiddos are growing up...but can't lie. This song has been breaking my heart all week. Both kids graduated by June, daughter married with her own family...I kinda miss this. ;)

No comments: