Monday, August 18, 2008

Fickle Pickle...


What a fun weekend- as usual with ups and downs, but also with lots of love and understanding. My friend, Nicole, pointed out to me how very quickly I can change my moods and my attitude, whether it be about my kids, work, schooling- whatever- and it finally sunk it. What a fickle pickle I am. One day I can't wait to start school, and the next I can't bring myself to order the curriculum because I am overwhelmed. One day I love my job and my patients, and the next I wish I had never become a nurse. Fickle Pickle, that's me.
I KNOW that feelings shouldn't matter that much, but I can't seem to remember that all the time... ah, the agony of being in the flesh while our hearts want to be in the Spirit. Do you suppose that I have been living the lie that good intentions matter? We had a guest speaker at church this weekend, and he reminded me of that old adage "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"... or something like that. Now, I know, you would say- at least I am trying, but I don't think that trying is good enough. As long as I keep trying to change my attitude, I am focused on my BAD attitude. I think I need to BE joyful, BE active, and BE thankful- and the attitude will come. Mmmmm, we will see.
I am determined to start fresh today, get my classroom set up, iron those shirts that have been calling my name all last week, and play a game of chess with my son. And no more complaining! God be with me, because now I actually have to start my day!:) And you know, after this, I don't even mind the rain today! Wahoo!

No comments: