Friday, August 1, 2008

Memories...


" A moment lasts all of a second, but the memory lasts forever." How bittersweet that truth is. I love the memories I have, but some make living here on earth a lot harder. We had a wonderful few days with our dear friends, the Hutchisons, and yet had to say goodbye again far too quickly. It just breaks my heart, and watching the sadness of the kids makes it harder. I know that God uses all things to teach us and grow us, and I am so thankful for friends who you can truly enjoy every minute with, but that almost makes seeing them again after so long even worse. Matthew said to me- "This sucks, it's like a teaser"- in regards to seeing each other again after two years, and then having to say goodbye, and he couldn't be more right. As time goes by, you can miss your friends, but life moves forward- seeing this wonderful family again, just reminded me how much fun we could be having. Talk about ripping a band-aid off a new wound! If only they didn't live in Georgia! Well, all I can say is I can't wait to get to heaven so there won't ever be goodbyes, and Jesus, Dianna and I can charge all around on our beautiful horses- not a care in the world!

No comments: