Wednesday, July 22, 2009

When Trials Come...


This whole week has pretty much sucked eggs, but tonight definitely brought the "suckiness" to a new level. With all the sadness this week, it has been exhausting to keep a smile, but my sweet kiddos help so much, and my Steve has been awesome. It's been one of those weeks where I find myself thinking, "Why on earth did I ever leave Arizona to be closer to THIS (insert expletive here)!?!" I know that is selfish and horrible, but it's true. This morning actually started out great, blueberry picking with my dearest friend, but getting to experience all that is the delight of "extended family" has me pleading "Jesus, come soon!" I am trying to remember- trying to believe God is who He says He is, and will do what He says He will do- but man, is the rest of the world trying to make me forget. So, nothing inspiring or interesting to say tonight. Hearts are breaking, families are hurting, but the gladiolas are blooming and tomorrow is a new day. God, help us all.

An old hymn I love, and is bringing me some comfort. You can get a excerpt of it on http://www.gettymusic.com/lyrics.asp?id=93 , or even better, order the CD. It's beautiful.

"When trials come no longer fear
For in the pain our God draws near
To fire a faith worth more than gold
And there His faithfulness is told

Within the night I know Your peace
The breath of God brings strength to me
And new each morning mercy flows
As treasures of the darkness grow

I turn to Wisdom not my own
For every battle You have known
My confidence will rest in You
Your love endures Your ways are good

When I am weary with the cost
I see the triumph of the cross
So in it's shadow I shall run
Till He completes the work begun

One day all things will be made new
I'll see the hope You called me to
And in your kingdom paved with gold
I'll praise your faithfulness of old"

Keith & Kristyn Getty
Copyright © 2005 Thankyou Music

No comments: