Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ahhh...to gain some perspective.


It is truly AMAZING what a day off can do for your heart. I was blessed with the first day off from the nursing gig I had had in over a week, and the first day off in over a month to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Not to say I did nothing, but there was nothing I HAD to do. What a glorious freedom that brings. :)

I think that is one of the things I like best about December. The holiday season almost forces you to reflect on the things that normally blow right by your mind. Thanksgiving makes you "call to mind" all the things you are thankful for, everywhere you turn a Christmas Carol is playing or a sign reminds you that Jesus ADORES you so much He came to earth to save you, and even New Years is a time where most people look to the future and decide to be intentional about some good "resolution" they want to make in the next year. I love it. I am a firm believer that nothing good ever happens accidentally (it's hard to believe in a sovereign Lord and believe in accidents at the same time:)...we have to prepare, take aim, and TRY to nail our target. So our target better be worth it, right?

Remembering all that God does every day is the best way to stay intentional- His ways and His very being should always be our target. To remember the ways He has been merciful, to remember His strength and power, and to REMEMBER the way He provides for all our needs...oh, how can we not want to stand up and cheer for Him!
I think Mary, Jesus's earthly mother said it best:
"His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
He has brought down rulers from their thrones
but has lifted up the humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things
but has sent the rich away empty. " Luke 1:50-53

God bless each of you today. I am glad to go to my church this morning and worship the God of the Universe with my family, I am blessed to have a home to move to finally and a job to work hard at. And I am SO happy that "Jesus is the Reason for the Season."

1 comment:

Jasmine Rae ♥ said...

:) I wish there was I "like" button then I would "like" this <3