Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Thaw 2011


Just a few days after our excitement over a new baby foal, Jordan and I were off to the Multnomah University campus to ride Mario Karts, Segways, shoot paint balls and ride in a hot air balloon. But that wasn't even the best part! The students and faculty at this particular Bible School had organized an amazing event for high schoolers to learn more about their true "Mission". And it was awesome!

The hot air balloon was grounded due to weather, but great times were had in all the other areas of the campus. In my heart, I absolutely did not want to be there. Having a little filly in a boarding facility that was short on staff, and the one stall cleaner who was around knows nothing about horses, was just slightly terrifying for this Control Country girl. Not to mention with Cassie's neck lump and funny legs, I was extra cautious. But as usual, God knew better than I. Spending these 3 days with our youth was the best! I love laughing with the girls and hearing their stories. I had the opportunity each night to pray for them as they chatted in their sleeping bags, and ask God to shine truth and wisdom into their lives as they navigate the mine fields of high school and beyond.

God was so gracious to me too! He had this event happen 20 minutes from my house, so I could sneak out at 5 am each morning and go check on my little baby horse. He truly gave me the best of both worlds this weekend.

The big theme was focused on the fact that we are ALL on mission right now, not just to live on earth and take up space, but to actually look around ourselves to a world that that needs Jesus. They had Dan Kimball as speaker, Aaron Gillespie as worship leader and even a Stellar Kart concert Saturday night just for fun.

I can't know what each student came away with this weekend, but I can know that God's word never goes out and returns empty. I so hope that the teens walked away realizing how blessed they are to know Jesus...and wanting to share Him with others.


"Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matthew 9:35-38

No comments: