Monday, July 18, 2011

Owl City rocks my socks off...

"Oh telescope, keep an eye on my only hope,
Lest I blink and get swept off the narrow road
Hercules, you've got nothing to say to me,
'Cause you're not the blinding light that I need
For He is the saving grace of the galaxies!"
Adam Young- Owl City "Galaxies"



So much to say and so few words to say them. Instead of processing a bunch of emotional rubbish- I thought you should have the chance to just ENJOY what I saw last night too. Of course you won't be able to feel the energy in the air or the ground actually SHAKING from the music and dancing- but Owl City is just too amazing NOT to share. I have just been indulging in all that is awesome about this musician, and thanking God for flip cams- re-watching the videos is just a reminder of an amazing time. I LOVED this show, and more than anything- I loved the quiet message that God is speaking to me. If this truly was my last moment on earth, what would I say to you, my King?

“The LORD is my strength and my defense;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
...I will exalt him.
The LORD is a warrior;
YAHWEH is his name." Exodus 15:2-3

(Here's the artist speaking about what the song meant to him and why he does what he does.)

No comments: