Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vancouver Rodeo hit the spot!




Two much needed days of gardening and horse flesh. What a weirdo I know, but oh- how thankful I am to have had the break! Some of our friends work their tails off each year to get the 4th of July Rodeo together at the Clark County Saddle Club, and we get to reap the benefits with free tickets!

Friday night was a Girls' Night for a dear friend of mine and our daughters, and Saturday Steve came and got to watch tons of bull riding which is his favorite. I of course hardly notice anything besides the horses, and I was particularly smitten with the buckskin horse of one of the pickup cowboys. Man, that horse could move and was SOOOO responsive. Yeah, I am still drooling.

Lots of horses, bulls, steer and leather- just what the doctor ordered for this little heart. As I sat in the stands surrounded by thousands, it felt so good to realize that each person had their story that night and God was completely aware and in control of it all. None of our junk shocks Him or overwhelms Him, and He absolutely loves us...in spite of us. It was refreshing to feel His pat on my shoulder, and to know that tomorrow is a new day. And God will always give me reasons to praise Him through it.

We were reading Galatians 6 the other day, and it has one of those passages that you love to hate. I love it, because it is so true- and truth is what I need to make the choices that will count for eternity. But hard because it also makes it clear- I "made my own bed- now you gotta lie in it", and grumbling about the consequences does absolutely no good. It is so hard for me to see families fall apart, marriages be filled with ugly...and not be able to "pray" the people I love out of it. But ultimately, we all have the choice in how we respond. And that is so freeing. I know that God is going to do His thing and in the end "work all things for the good of those who love Him". Here's to praying that He does it sooner than later!!

God bless you and keep you. May His love feel real to you today, even in the littlest things. For me- it's rodeos and horses and pretty flowers that remind me how much my Savior loves me. Whatever it is for you, embrace it for the moment you have it and thank your Papa for knowing and loving you best.

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people..." Galatians 6:7-10

We will make you a cool video for a recap, but had to add one for now of the Pickup Cowboy's other amazing horse- a big black that you could ride with no reins I bet. He has done a great job with his cow horses. The things those horses can handle!!!

No comments: