Friday, September 3, 2010

Lakeview 2010- Day 3

Bad blogger. Bad blogger. Every morning I say I will sit down and finish up the Lakeview posts, and every day something else catches my attention. So tonight- nothing will deter me! :)

This day of Lakeview was by far the most amazing, the most funny, and my most memorable. But it had nothing whatsoever to do with VBS! Is that terrible? Don't get me wrong VBS was wonderful and a great time. The kids really start getting comfortable with all the "strangers" by the middle of the week, and we have worked out most of the kinks. The theme was "God's Word is surprising" and our verse came from Psalm 119 again- "Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions." Psalm 119:18 Great times watching kids panic as Drew pretended a snake was gnawing his arm off as he acted out Paul's role in Acts 28:1-10. Loved having quiet time when Emily actually FELL ASLEEP.

But by far, the highlight of my week came after dark. Felida's No Talent Talent Show. Oh, have I ever laughed so hard? I can't even begin to tell you the fun we had. The theme is...well, what can we plan in 2 hours that will be hilarious and show absolutely no talent? Such fun! The girls ended up doing a skit of "Top 10 Reasons Mustaches are NOT COOL." and a dance to Men In Black. Hilarious. The boys outdid themselves with several numbers. They opened the show with a jazz band, where Drew rocked a 10 minute drum solo that the other musicians had no idea was coming. It was gut busting! Then Taylor Swift came alive for us, in Ryan's body of course, as they did the number "Love Song". I can't even explain it- just watch it below. (Don't forget to pause the music on the right!)



So good! As you can see, we have it made when it comes to boys that like to wear dresses! Bahahaha! But there is MORE! We were treated to 2 more amazing songs- Double Rainbow AND Bedroom Intruder. Look them up on Youtube, and then picture my son and his buddies singing them a capella or with a lone guitar. NICE.

And then, the grand finale. Ryan said it best when he got on stage and said, "We've got the skills to pay the bills." Before watching this video, please have all small children leave the room. I would hate for them to think this is NORMAL behavior. But man! I love our youth group! :) In their defense, the girls did put them up to doing a Beyonce song. Although we never thought they would enjoy it quite so much!



Thank you, Lord! For laughter and fun and friends. What a great day!