Saturday, July 12, 2008

Yet again, surprised.

Should you despair over a relationship gone bad; think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return. " I no sooner woke up after writing that last post, and God gave me the opportunity to put my theory to test- "no more boxes- no more regrets", and I was failing miserably. Pretty much a terrible day, pretty much a terrible attitude, and no way to figure out how to change my heart. Then Guy, my father in law sends me one of those chain emails that I never read. Yet, surprise- I read it and saw the quote above. Thank you, God for that. No matter how bummed I feel, I get to experience that feeling. There are too many who died too young, or lived too alone. I might hate where I am at emotionally right now, but I need to remember that God's reasoning is WAY better than mine, and his plan will win. To change my heart, I HAVE to change my focus... and when that fails, and I keep wondering why the "bad guys" keep winning, I need to turn to His Word and remember that God is the one keeping track.
But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless. Break the arm of the wicked and evil man; call him to account for his wickedness that would not be found out. The LORD is King for ever and ever; the nations will perish from his land. You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed, in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more. " Psalm 10-14-18

No comments: