Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We can take it.

It is very cool, how the more you process something, the better you can handle it. With everything else going on, I have been a tad on the negative side as of late. In addition to that, I am missing my kids horribly. I won't get them back until Thursday from their "Spring Break Extravaganza".
So as I was driving home last night, I was just so depressed because I couldn't run in my house and give them a hug or yell at them for not doing their chores. (Both likely to occur in the same breath around here.) Then I open up my email to the best gift in the world, my Jasmine had sent me so me photos of her trip so far!


Priceless- and if this first photo doesn't say it all, let me explain it. When you have a daughter, as awesome as this- it truly makes you feel like you can take anything, do anything, or be anything to make sure she is safe, happy and feels 100% loved and adored. Jasmine is like a sun- no matter what is happening, or how dark and dreary your life appears, the minute the sun breaks, you feel hope. That is my Jazzy girl, and she absolutely made my day. She has been calling me 3 and 4 times a day, just filling me in on the details. I try to be upbeat and positive so she doesn't worry about me missing her, but she still calls to just say she loves us. Thank you, Jesus- for blessing me with this amazing young woman.


I don't care where we live, what job we might have, or what stresses we might be facing, when I think of the fun and experience Jordan is going to have next year in high school, and Jasmine having the chance to shine her light more often into the lives of her friends and neighbors- it makes me excited for the future. Team Doan can do anything as long as we stick together, because we have the One True God and Savior of the world rooting for us, preparing the way for us, loving us, and protecting us. No bad thing can come from His hands, and no fear need shake our resolve to "live big" for Jesus.


"Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:16-17

No comments: