Saturday, August 13, 2011

Campfires, jet skis, sunshine and bruised ribs...what more could a girl want?


Quick update before Lakeview next week! Looking forward to seeing what God is going to do through our teens as they work and play together, and I will share all the God Stops with you in a couple of weeks.

We spent the week at Ike Kinswa and it was so much fun. Steve and I both couldn't believe how much we needed the vacation. No phones, no Internet, just family and friends; water and sunshine! Ahhhhhhh....


(Not to mention Steve fished like a mad man- actually meeting his limit one day with 5 fish in just a few hours!)

Coming home last night, my girl and I had the opportunity to just de-brief and talk, and she gave me such a God Stop with her words. I spend more than half my day worrying about her, and the other half laughing at her. She is so fun and silly most of the time, I cherish the moments when she is just raw and real. Even through her tears- when she is willing to share a glimpse of the beautiful heart for Jesus God has given her- those moments absolutely takes my breath away. As she talked of her desires, and her convictions- repented of sin and prayed to live bigger for Jesus, I just wanted to shout "Thank YOU, LORD!" It reminded me that every step we take is a journey, and although we will struggle this side of heaven, our future is secure. What a wonderful promise.

I have been spending a lot of time in 2 Peter the last month, and my heart just keeps hearing "moral excellence". In 2 Peter 1:5-7, Peter lists the things that we should be "DILIGENTLY" adding to our faith daily- "moral excellence, knowledge, self control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, love". Yeah. I know. Man, do I fall short. But that wasn't the part I have been hanging on to. The wonderful part comes next. As we continue to work and strive for these qualities, he says:

"For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ...For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."2 Peter 1:8-10

That's what my girl and I wanted last night. To live lives that are effective and productive for Jesus...to truly KNOW Him in the deepest sense of the word. To not stumble because of our ugly sin nature, but to overcome it all and please our Lord. We will keep pushing and trying to build "moral excellence" and all the rest in our lives, because we desire so much that "rich welcome". Oh, happy day that will be!!! Mind boggling to think about...

God bless you and keep you, may He be your comfort and your peace and I so pray that He enlarges your heart to love and know Him better. <3

1 comment:

Abigail said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE <333
You just reach to my heart every time. (: