Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lakeview Day 5


I find it slightly pathetic that I feel sad writing the final post for the Lakeview trip. It was an amazing time, but getting back to real life shouldn't be so hard, right? So many of the teens have been raving about it, missing the camaraderie and wishing it didn't have to end, I feel sorry for them. It makes me think of Acts 4, when the church was first starting up. Everyone ate, laughed, and lived together, "All the believers were one in heart and mind...they shared everything they had." Acts 4:32 Makes me want it too...

Final day- "God gives good gifts!" was the key bible point. And how true that is! We saw little people saved forever this week, we made friendships that will last into eternity, and we grew in our faith and our understanding of how the church "body" should work together. The Bible verse was Psalm 139:5 "You have enclosed me behind and before, and laid your hand upon me."

Not one of us deserves a single gift, yet God continues to bless us and love us. No matter what. Hearing so many of our young people struggle with feelings of insecurity and loneliness breaks my heart in light of all we learned this week. How can we tell them, Father, that they are accepted and loved EXACTLY the way they are? Because of Jesus. Prove it to them, Lord. I know You can, and I am believing You- that You will. Help them to look to You first for the approval they so want, to trust you first with their hearts. Everything else is just icing.

We left Lakeview right after lunch on Friday, with tears at times, but wonderful memories and even more amazing friendships. God gave us another gift- the opportunity to spend time relaxing in Bend, OR at one of the most amazing cabin's ever. The family we stayed with took us boating at a beautiful lake on Saturday. The water was pristine, and our time was short but so sweet.

Oh, the jokes that keep running through my mind, the laughter I hear ringing in my ears, the joy that I know the kids of Lakeview felt. So good, and so thankful that God gives us gifts when we don't deserve it. Thank you, Lord. Help our teens to feel and choose to BELIEVE in your amazing love and acceptance every day. God loves you, friend!

No comments: