Monday, August 22, 2011

Lakeview Day 4


How horrible is it that my favorite part of this day had nothing to do with VBS? Felida's No Talent Talent Show is the HIGHLIGHT of my week. Oh, I laughed so hard I thought I might break another rib. Our teens are hilarious, and although "management" has informed me I can't post the best video for all to see (picture my son dancing to Spice Girls song "Wanna Be"), I can let you get a little glimpse of the fun:

Needless to say, we laughed, we cried. It was amazing. The girls put on quite the performance as well, and even the staff brought a little comedy to the night.

Thursday is always an awesome day at VBS too- simply because it is the day we share the message of Jesus. So simply, that He came to earth as a man, died to save you from your sin, rose from the dead and wants you to live forever with Him. Oh, how we prayed for the little people of Lakeview to hear that message! And praise the Lord, 6 of the kids prayed to accept Jesus as their Savior today! It was a privilege to be there, and hear the teens who got to pray with them talk about it. There is no greater thing than to know your work impacted eternity for someone. To hear the joy in heaven that morning- oh, I can imagine it!

The Bible point was perfect- "God loves you- No matter what!". The scripture was: "See if there is any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way." Psalm 139:24
Again, condensed for the kids- but I love the whole thing! How much junk I have in my closets, and yet I can trust that God will seek it out, cleanse me from it and love me...No Matter What.

Thursday was a fun filled day with Jesus doing His thing, hilarious music, funny skits, and time to love each other like we never have before. Best day of the week! We also did the "Man Catching Deodorant" Survey for our freshman guys, and after establishing the winner as Teen Spirit Pear fragrance, one of our youth leaders gave the piece of trivia that it is a true fact men prefer fragrances that smell like food, while women would choose floral scents. In response, our mature, wise, Senior team member stated: "There you go- to catch a man, girls should just rub fried chicken in their pits."

Bahahahahahaha!!! Oh, I love my life! (This picture is slightly disturbing, but the teens love it. This guy actually made it his profile pic on Facebook! Gotta love a good sense of humor!)

No comments: