Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lakeview Day 2


On Tuesday we had VBS to do in the morning and the Middle School Event in the evening. Very good to be busy and feel productive. One of the boys summed it up really well when he heard what was being served for meals this day: "Corn dogs and pizza in the same day!?! It doesn't get any better!" Doesn't take much to motivate us!

The point today was "God listens to you!" with the verse from Psalm 139:4:
"Even before there is a word on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it all." The kids all enjoyed the Bible story today and VBS went so smoothly, it was unreal. I literally had NOTHING to do this morning, our teens worked so efficiently and were such great leaders. They did it all!

Such a comfort to remember that God listens to us, always and anywhere. Our Senior team member taught the lesson for the Middle School Night based on Matthew 5:13-16 to encourage the local teens to become involved, and not allow their "light" to be hidden but to start making a difference in their community. It was such a strong lesson, especially coming from a boy who I see as having one of the greatest servant's heart I have ever seen.

Another "God Stop" this night was the worship time the teens planned for the middle schoolers. Our high schooler that led worship wanted to clearly help the kids see that to God- they were perfect and acceptable because of Jesus. So the team prepared some wonderful songs, and a special solo that hopefully helped them feel the love of God...Who will love you "for you" every single minute. Here's a little clip:

Thank you, Lord, for the way you love us. And thank you for speaking to my heart through the mouths of your children...please help every single one of our teens know and understand how wonderfully perfect they are to you...that Jesus died and rose again so they could live in that freedom.

"Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them,they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you." Psalm 139:16-18

No comments: