Sunday, March 22, 2009

What a fantastic concert tonight!

Bring me joy, bring me peace,
Bring the chance to be free,
Bring me anything that brings You glory.
And I know there'll be days,
When this life brings me pain,
But if that's what it takes to praise You, Jesus,
bring the rain.

I am yours regardless of the clouds that may loom above
because you are much greater than my pain,
you who made a way for me,
suffering your destiny, so tell me-
whats a little rain?

(Remember to pause the playlist to the right so that you can hear the video.)

Our good friends invited us to a concert at the Coliseum- the Rock and Worship Roadshow, and to be honest, I was pretty "ho-hum" about it. Wow. Am I so glad I went. Not only was the music phenomenal, the message was OUTSTANDING. I need a couple days just to mull over the things that hit my heart tonight. I love those mountain high experiences, and I spend so much time trying to survive, I forget to make the time to be sure to have them on occasion. Tonight was a great recharge, and so needed. I was looking at my kids, just totally rocking out, and I couldn't help but laugh out loud. My God is so good, in spite of me. I keep messing up, and He keeps reminding me- I am on a journey (as MercyMe said), and my destination is secure. Oh, what a wonderful feeling. I won't always be such a spaz, and someday, I will be able to look in Jesus's face and know that I loved Him every day- maybe not always well, but I truly did.
Tonight I thought I was going to a music concert. Instead, I met with God. Wow.

No comments: