I couldn't resist sharing these tidbits from a website Steve showed me. I am bound as a Christian to obey the leadership above me, and I will, but I also am bound by my sense of humor to laugh heartily when I see something funny. The YouTube videos that go with these links were VERY funny.
It is a sad day when the title of President of the United States no longer rings true for honor, respect, decorum and propriety, and instead, it becomes synonymous with bashing other great leaders, giving thoughtless gifts and offending special needs children.
10. Just after he's been sworn in by him, the newly-minted Vice President Joe Biden gets the name of Justice John Paul Stephens, "one of the great justices" of the Supreme Court, wrong by calling him "Justice Stewart".
9. Barack Obama jokes about Nancy Reagan having seances in the White House. He later called her to apologize after the AP noted that although she had consulted astrologers, "she did not hold conversations with the dead".
8. Joe Biden forgets the "website number" for the White House internet site designed to show how TARP money is being spent.
7. Barack Obama mixes up the windows and doors at his new home. (This was just funny- not offensive)
6. Joe Biden jokes about Chief Justice John Roberts fluffing the inauguration oath. The president is visibly annoyed with his VP and Biden later apologizes.
5. A Marine One double. First, on his maiden Marine One trip Obama breaches protocol and makes life uncomfortable for an enlisted marine by shaking the serviceman's hand as he's saluting his commander-in-chief. Then -Barack Obama bangs his head as he boards his helicopter. (I have decided that this president has spent way too much time rubbing shoulders with Hollywood celebs and not enough time researching and preparing for his new job. If I did that- refused to spend the time necessary to learn the policies and procedures of Legacy Health Systems, I would end up losing my license and probably get taken to court for malpractice. I should have been a politician!)
4. Joe Biden tells his wife that he had the choice of being either Secretary of State or vice-president - an offer that was news to Obama aides and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton when Jill Biden spilled the beans on Oprah. (Liar, liar, pants of fire. They roll way too easy off the tongue, don't they?)
3. Gordon Brown presents the new President with: a pen holder carved from the timbers of HMS Gannett, a sister ship of HMS Resolute; the commissioning certificate of HMS Resolute; and a seven-volume biography of Winston Churchill. In return, the Prime minister gets 25 DVDS, which don't work in Britain. (This one was just sad- how embarrassing for our nation. A world leader who is so inconsiderate. Maybe they were freebies from his Hollywood admirers. I hope they are proud of him now.)
2. Joe Biden tells a former Senate colleague who addresses him as "Mr Vice-President" to "give me a f---ing break". (I am just curious why you aren't hearing these all over the news, as we would have if it was Bush?)
1. The latest one takes the biscuit. Barack Obama jokes about the disabled on the Jay Leno show. Afterward, he calls the head of the Special Olympics to apologize. (Because an apology gets rid of the fact that you mocked them on national television. Anyone else think our president should be praying and preparing for his next work day, rather than chatting it up with Jay Leno? I bet if Obama wants to share his message, he can hold all the press conferences he wants- why pick late night t.v.? Because he wants to be cool, more than he wants to get the job done and help our country move forward? Maybe.)
Here is the link, if you would like to view our "great leaders", live and in color, for yourselves. http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/toby_harnden/blog/2009/03/20/top_10_gaffes_by_barack_obama_and_joe_biden_