Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Love Dare


It's too bad that some days seem to end quickly. Yesterday was a much needed day of refreshment and review- the skies were blue, the air warm, and spending the day with my kids was so perfect. I needed that so much. No matter how much I think I can handle the rude thoughtlessness of some, apparently I can't. I get so bent out of shape about little things, and Sunday I found myself hung up over inconsequentials. It is so difficult for me not to get angry when someone hurts my husband or my children, and in all honesty- I want to let them have it. I can't even tell you how hard it was for me to hold my tongue. I spent most of Monday morning trying to distract myself, and by 9am, God was slowly cooling my spirit- and reminding me what my focus should be on. Ahhhh- relief.

I watched Fireproof, a Christian movie about marriage, last night and the funny thing was, it applied more to my extended family issues than my marriage right now. It was a good reminder of how I should respond to hurt, and how MUCH crap Jesus has taken from me, yet still loves me and provides for me every day. Can I really say that anything He asks me to do is too much?

Very good movie if you haven't seen it. Now I just have to KEEP that focus, it's always so easy to do when I haven't had to talk to anyone yet. :)

1 comment:

KEI said...

We just watched that movie while James' parents were here! I thought it was pretty good, too! I have to say I am so thankful for such a wonderful husband after seeing it, though! I am also thankful for blogs so I can keep in touch with my best good friend, Renee! I love hearing your thoughts and prayer requests, it makes me feel like I am a part of your life even though we are so far apart! Love you!