Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Just another reason to wish for home...


I have to be a fickle pickle again- I just can't help it, so please forgive me.

This last week was pretty much a nightmare, and I kept thinking- "It will get better, it has to get better". Yeah, no. Apparently I haven't learned whatever it is I am to learn, so I am trying to suck it up and keep on keeping on. It isn't enough that the election was so depressing, but everything else is spiraling downhill fast and I don't know how to stop it. Parenting, loving, caring- it all hurts sometimes. Coping mechanisms should be ingrained in our souls- not something we have to learn as we go. :)

I truly feel sad to be an American for probably the first time in my life. Thankfully I identify more with the title "Christian", but I have always been so glad to be from the United States of America- and yet, do I really believe anything that my neighbors do? From the results of last night, I would have to say I have very little in common with the rest of America. I don't want to be a part of a country that only cares for it self, refuses to protect the sanctity of life, and allows pop culture to determine every move they make. My brother in law told me that there was a poll done in the NE, where the voters were asked questions regarding Obama with completely false facts (like-Are you happy with his VP nominee, Sara Palin, Do you agree with his choice to commit more troops to Iraq) and the people HAD NO CLUE that those questions were not true. They had no idea what Obama had said, stood for, or planned- yet they adamantly were casting their vote for him! Pathetic, irresponsible, and shameful. We are some of the most blessed people in the world, and we can't take the time to educate ourselves- we would just rather watch The View and pretend they are actually TEACHING us something? I am sorry- I just can't stomach it tonight.

Thanks for letting me vent, and yes, tomorrow is a new day. Thank God He is more faithful than me.

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2

No comments: