Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mothers...



What a start to the week! My girl got braces put on Monday, and it has been pure misery ever since. To watch your child hurting, and not be able to make it better is terrible- and I hate it. No matter if there is good to be had, it doesn't make it any more bearable. I am just praying that she wakes up today feeling more normal, and is finally able to EAT something.
In light of that, I read some great quotes this morning about children and mothers, hope you like them as much as I do!

"A happy childhood is one of the best gifts that parents have it in their power to bestow." Mary Cholmondeley Proverbs 3:27

"Children spell "love"....T-I-M-E." Dr. Anthony P Witham Ephesians 5:16

"A mother is neither cocky, nor proud, because she knows the school principal may call at any minute to report that her child has just driven a motorcycle through the gymnasium." Mary Kay Blakely Proverbs 27:1

"When home is ruled according to God's Word, angels might be asked to stay with us, and they would not find themselves out of their element." Charles Spurgeon
Psalm 119:15-16

"A mother is a person who sees that there are only four pieces of pie and promptly remarks that she's never cared for pie" Acts 20:35

"The darn trouble with cleaning the house is it gets dirty the next day anyway, so skip a week if you have to. The children are the most important thing." Barbara Bush
Psalm 127:3

Very funny, yes? Some made me realize how short I am falling, but all encouraged me to make the minutes count. God bless you today.

No comments: