Thursday, November 13, 2008

Keepin' On, Keepin' On...


" I can forgive, but I cannot forget," is another way of saying, "I will not forgive." Forgiveness ought to be like a canceled note- torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one." Henry Ward Beecher

I love that, no matter how much it hurts because it reminds me how short I come. I want to let stuff go and have it never creep up again, but I think forgiveness is something we have to decide to do- over and over again, until we truly FORGET the troubles. That is a conscious decision too. Reading the book of John is a constant reminder of how little I understand about Jesus, and how much I take for granted. It is so funny to see my kids growing, and learning to process things with a critical mind, to see them getting wiser right before my eyes- and it is so amazing that that is exactly how God sees me! We are His children, and I wonder how often He watches me struggling to get something, and He lets me struggle- so I can learn. I always want the quick fix- I pray for Him to just clean up the mess I have made, but then what would I really learn? I let my children stumble and fall, and then help them get up again. How awesome that God does the same for me. Each day is new, and some days are going to be better than others, but the end is sure.

"And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving on another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you." Epehesians 4:32

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This lesson is timeless. I have thought the same thing about how God lets us learn and grow but always helps us back up. I really like the pic you have up on this one too :)