Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The greatest weapon ever made...


"And though this world, with devils filled,
Should threaten to undo us,
We will not fear, for God has willed
His truth to triumph through us.
The prince of darkness grim,
We tremble not for him-
His rage we can endure,
For lo! his doom is sure:
One little word shall fell him." - Martin Luther (taken from his biography written by Roland Bainton, quoted in Desiring God by John Piper)

With all the ugly out there, it is hard sometimes for me to remember that the deed has already been done, so to speak. My hope and my promise in Christ is guaranteed, and nothing I do or don't do will ever change that. And not only do I have the promise- He has provide me with ammo against sin and evil- His Word. Every time I get discouraged, if I would just immediately pick up the Bible, I feel relief and peace, even if nothing in my environment has changed. Unfortunately, I usually have to whine and cry for a bit before realizing that- what a waste. :) Thank you, God- for giving me the weapons needed to fight the battle of the flesh, and the battle of the world. (Ephesians 6:10-17)

"The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statues of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure and
altogether righteous.
They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey
than honey from the comb.
By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward."
Psalm 19:7-11

No comments: