Friday, September 12, 2008

The race...


"For all of life is like that race, with ups and downs and all.
And all you have to do to win is rise each time you fall."

God has such perfect timing. I have been up all morning praying and worrying for my dear husband, and making PLANS- you know how I am, I have to have a 1 year, 5 year, and 10 year plan with all goals clearly outline or I can't function. Doesn't matter that, as of yet, I have never actually stuck to any of those outlines, but I feel better to have them. :) Anyways, Steve just has a tough job, with some tough people, and when he worries, I worry. THEN- I come down to check my email, and here is a message from my awesome brother-in-law, with a poem that reminds me how God sees us and our efforts. Our Father is so amazing, and if I could just stop putting Him in my little box, trying to conform Him to my pathetic understanding, oh! Happy day that would be. God sees our struggles, and our failures- and what matters to him is that we GET UP every time, that we keep trying, and pushing- because we believe and we know, that the end is worth it, that- at the end of our race we will be face to face with the Creator of the Universe, the One True God, and we will be so supremely fulfilled and happy, all the bumps and bruises will be too insignificant to even remember. That thought makes the "getting up" so much easier! Thank you, Lord, for the reminder, and thank you for being faithful to us, even when we forget to be faithful and trust you.
Check it out, and I hope you get up with joy today!

http://www.ellenbailey.com/poems/ellen_163.htm

No comments: