Saturday, September 13, 2008

Jasmine- the wonderful...


Yep- nostalgia. No getting around it when your baby girl is turning 12 tomorrow. What's happening? I look at her, and think- how is this beautiful young lady related to me at all!?! Jasmine is so amazing, I hope I grow up to be just like her- minus the disorganization. Hehehehe Truly, she is a free spirit, with so much love to give, patience and forgiveness- it seems to come so easily to her. She has the greatest sense of humor, you can't be around her for more than a few minutes before you start smiling or laughing, she really does radiate laughter. As her mom, there are times when her goofiness makes me mad- like when she's suppose to be paying attention in school- but I regret it the second I give her the evil eye. I regret being so busy, and worrying about other insignificant things, when God has blessed me with this wonderful person to love. Only a handful of years and she will be moving on with her life- moving away from "daughter" as her main role, and into "college woman, wife, mother, professional"- you know, all the other titles women hold, and people start forgetting that their nurse, teacher, friend, salesperson, doctor, or neighbor- was and still is, somebody's baby girl....

No comments: