Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I had a great day...



It's so funny. I love that song at the beginning of Alvin and the Chipmunks- "I had a bad day..." but I always want to change the words to "had a good day" because the only time that song comes into my head is when I am feeling happy. It has such a neat rhythm.
Today was kind of like that, the day had such a good rhythm, and it made for such a special time. Nothing was different, all the sad stuff and concerns are still there, but because my focus and intention was right- to worship God and honor Him in all I did, it made everything so EASY. Steve had the day off, and we had a great time, my kiddos were a pleasure, and the weather was perfect. I can think of a million things that happened- little things that would have normally thrown me off my game- but God was so kind and didn't let them phase us.
Watching Jasmine in particular was such a blessing. I worry about her all the time, and am constantly trying to teach her how to behave, what to do, how to become a critical thinker and planner- and spending today with her reminded me that all the things that really matter, she already has down pat. Actually, she does it better than I do. Jazz always is so quick to love, to forgive, to give of herself and all that she has, it just comes naturally to her. Seeing her playing with her cousins, her brother and her dad, working her horse, and helping me with chores- I couldn't stop praising God for my girl, and asking for His forgiveness because I take her for granted. I am determined to stop analyzing her and start praising her. My only chance is that someday I will grow up to be as cool as Jazz!
"And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

No comments: