Sunday, October 5, 2008

When you get lemons, make lemonade...


I always thought that was a cheesy saying- but I have to say there is so much truth to it. In the New Testament there are many passages that tell us to rejoice in trials, be thankful for persecution, etc. which is really the same idea. The difference is that with the "lemon" saying, it never really tells you HOW to do it, where as the Bible is very clear. Because of the hope and promise we have in Jesus, we can truly be happy, even when the circumstances look grungy.

This last week was so busy for us, but I really felt that I had it together and things were going well. I headed to work yesterday in high spirits, having enjoyed a wonderful morning working on the barn with my husband, and laughing and goofing around. Then I got hit with a curve ball that tried to break my spirit and shake my focus. I admit I hung out there for the rest of the day, just feeling sad and frustrated- not sure what God would have me do. But last night, God was so good to me and reminded me that he never said things would be roses and daisies all the time, and that it didn't matter. He wants me to be joyful in good times and bad- to trust him and want him more than anything in this world. That's how I could "make lemonade". Again, what an awesome experience to realize that no matter what junky stuff comes into my life, nothing touches me that has not first been sifted through the Father's hands.

Another week is starting, full of the bumps and turns in my road, but I feel more prepared and ready which is a wonderful way to start the week. Now we will just see how long I can stay there...:)

No comments: