Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A fantastic day...


This week has been so full of surprises. It is my first "1 day work" week, and with all that I have gotten done, I don't know how I managed when I worked 6 days a week! I suppose I let a lot of things slide, but this has been the best time with my kids and family. I needed a "mountain high"- it feels like sometimes we spend far too much time in the valleys.
Besides walks by the river, hikes through the woods, and finishing up yard chores I had been ignoring, God blessed us with the most beautiful day today, I can't even express how great it was. Blue skies, warm air, and children all around me. What more could a girl want? Not to mention I got to really work all three horses, and they were angels. It was a great feeling to feel satisfied in my own skin, even if the troubles haven't gone away. I want to be able to say truthfully, "We are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved." Hebrews 10:39
Oh, thank you, Lord- for days like today, where things seem right in my world, and I can handle the struggles of others with a belief in your goodness, and strength to share.

"The work that God assigned to us,
unimportant as it seems,
that makes our task outstanding
and brings reality to dreams.

So do not sit and idly wish
for wider, new dimensions
where you can put in practice
your many good intentions.

But at the spot God places you
begin at once to do
the little things to brighten up
the lives surrounding you."

No comments: