Sunday, August 16, 2009

Time to Review...


What a trip we had. I spent the last week in Lakeview, OR. helping our Youth Group put on VBS for the local kids. Lakeview is a very small, isolated farming town and it's claim to fame is the fact that is the "tallest town" in Oregon, at an elevation over a mile high. The nearest large city is Kalamath Falls about 2 hours away, but if they want some good shopping, they drive 3 1/2 hours to Bend. I know, I can't imagine it.

The church we were working for was called First Baptist and the people there were fantastic! Pastor Ray was such a fun, kind man, and Jennifer, their church secretary and coordinator was so sweet. It is so awesome to me to see the body of Christ work together so perfectly- each person using their God-given gifts to bless people and bring glory to God!


We fell in love with Lakeview, and learned so much. I will try to break down each day over the next few posts, and share some things about what God did through our amazing kids. (Pastor Ray is the fella on the right.)


I can't wait to see how God continues to work in our lives! "God is powerful- Fear NOT!" (VBS slogans are so hilarious.)

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Awesome!!! Can't wait to hear more and I loved the videos on Facebook. Just can't believe those kids are so grown up...I hate it when I say things like that-but still crazy how time flys!