Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Great Adventure...


"For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His." 2 Chronicles 16:9

What a week this has been- if not just an emotional roller coaster, but also a spiritual awakening to all that God is doing in the world. To be honest, I need a day to just sit and absorb it all. But alas, work and life doesn't have a time for that just yet, so blogging will have to do. :)

Monday I dropped Jasmine off for a TAG beach trip and Jordan off for Band Camp. It felt totally surreal to realize that I am officially no longer in charge of their education. I will have opportunities to help, but as I waved goodbye, I knew our special time these last few years were over. And as much as I tried to be excited for this new stage, I was in reality- totally depressed. Bawling as you drive away is understandable for a Kindergarten Mom... not so much for a Freshman Mom.

Fast forward to Thursday, and all the amazing God Stops this week. I realized how often I parent out of fear. Fear that they will make the same mistakes I did, fear that I have missed teaching them something crucial, fear that they won't feel loved and understood, fear that they won't enjoy life to it's fullest and live for Jesus. As I sat in the stadium yesterday watching Jo in the drum line, I felt like I was walking on clouds as God just poured one truth after another into my heart. He answered every prayer I had this week in such an astounding way- I can't even begin to describe in this type of format. If I didn't know my son would drop dead out of embarrassment- I would have been standing on the railing screaming at the top of my lungs about how awesome God is!

For the first time, I truly feel ready for this Great Adventure my kids are heading to and not just forcing the words out of my mouth. I know that in all things, God is working FOR them- and He will do amazing things so that we can shout to the rooftops- "Fear Not! God is Powerful!" (I am still in VBS speech)Now let's just hope I can keep that belief on the first day of school. :)

"the LORD is with you when you are with Him. And if you seek Him, He will let you find Him.." 2 Chronicles 15:2

2 comments:

KEI said...

Good for you, Mama! You are an awesome Mom and and awesome friend! God is so good to me for bringing YOU into MY life! Good luck this year as your babies are embarking on a whole new adventure, and thus so are you! I love you, friend!

Trisha said...

You go girl!! Thanks for the verses too. This is no small potatoes!!