Thursday, January 22, 2009

Right place, right time...


"Ever been at the wrong place at the wrong time? Consider: Patricia Spahic, age 59, who was sitting in the third row during a Pittsburg production of Hamlet in 1989. She was cut on the head when Hamlet's dagger slipped out of his hand and sailed into the audience!
Or Joan Raeburn, age 26, of West harrison, Indiana, who was traveling by car on a rural road near the Ohio state line in 1987. She was the victim of a hit and run pilot, who grazed the roof of her car with his single engine airplane and flew off into the night!
Or the mother who was shot and killed while lying in her bed in her Austin, Texas apartment in 1988. The man downstairs had fired a loaded pistol up through the ceiling by accident.
It's best in this life, uncertain as it is, to be sure that our life insurance is paid up as well as our eternal life ASSURANCE plan- for living in readiness for any uncertainty. " -Robert Strand

"Let us live as people who are prepared to die, and die as people who are prepared to live...(forever)." - James S. Stewart

I read that with chagrin- so often I let petty things get me all twisted around, and forget how finite this lifetime is. There is just enough time to love the unlovable, forgive the hateful, and do good to those who hurt you- and it won't cost you anything in the long run. I want to be in the RIGHT PLACE, at the RIGHT TIME to see God's glory, and His provision in this wretched world. He is working, and moving amongst us- but we are so blind to His presence most of the time.
If I were to be gone this very minute- would I be glad of the last memory people had of me? That is the way I want to live- leave each person with more love and hope than before they talked with me, my family safe and secure in the salvation of Jesus, and the world a little better than I found it. If that were my goal every minute- how exciting life would be! Ugh! If only I could tame this frivolous mind of mine- to keep it's focus on the prize- the pleasure of God- rather than the nit-picky things that seemed so important 10 minutes ago. God help me, and be with us as we move about this world in your name- help us leave it a little better than we found it. Now, I am headed outside to pick up a million tree branches and debris that our windstorm blessed me with- and leave my yard a little better than I found it. Hehehe

No comments: