Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Believing God...

What a week, and I can't even be glad it is Friday yet because it's only Wednesday. Bah! I hate starting a new job, so how is it that I keep torturing myself with new hospitals, clinics, whatever? I know- the benefits far out way the trouble, but today I feel like my brain is mush from all the new information. Let's hope in a month or so it will be old hat, and then I can whine about being bored again.

Things are busy on the home front- trying to find out what needs to happen for Jordan to be able to get into Biology next year rather than Earth Science, Jasmine is rocking her studies, and Steve is still looking for work, but God is using this experience to grow patience and faith (mostly in me as I have to adjust my PLANS to accommodate another person- yeah, little control freak is busting some blood vessels).
(BTW: The photos were just for entertainment- I just can't figure out my crazy husband. What is up with the beards, and the hair? Hahahaha! Gotta love him!)


I started a new study this week, and it was truly a God thing. I haven't wanted to get too involved with people in general over the last couple of years, and I don't know why, but God always seems to have other plans. He literally FORCED me into a Beth Moore Study with three other ladies- and I am so glad! I walked away Tuesday feeling totally blessed by their words, the Scriptures, and the prayer time. Hmmmm...God's way is certainly the best way!

The study is "Believing God", and focuses on the fact that as long as our "Theology" doesn't merge with our "Reality", we won't ever really know what it is to live by faith. Beth Moore said something that really struck me: "You confess that you believe in God- but do you BELIEVE God?" That is something that has always been a struggle for me, because I know what a louse I am, and why would God bless me? But in even the first week- Beth Moore just reiterates all the promises God made to those who love Him, and talked about our "Promised Land". It was awesome. The study revolves around 5 key points, so if you see me walking around making strange hand gestures, know that it is part of the lesson- and not that I am finally losing it. :)

5 Statements of Faith
1. God is who He says He is.
2. God can do what He says He can do.
3. I am who God says I am.
4. I can do all things through Christ.
5. God's Word is alive and active in me.

Hurray for that! God bless you, friends- find the "Promised Land" God made for you here!

No comments: