Saturday, May 16, 2009

Time to stop forgetting....

(The photos are of Woodie's baby colt- Shadow. He is so big! And perfectly healthy. I can't help but wish he was mine, but I am so glad his new mama is as infatuated with him as I would have been!She said he is super friendly, and already follows her all around the stall, giving kisses, bucking and rearing, and full of life.)

This week my mind has been a whirl. I am really starting to think I need some kind of medication. :)
I know that my biggest issue is just being too busy, but how do you hit the pause button to put life on hold so you can get some much needed "peace" time? Let me know when you figure it out.
Today will be great because I am off and it is SUNNY. I can't tell you how happy that makes me. It is like a breath of cool wind after walking though deep, dark caves. I love the sun, it always makes things seem prettier.

I read something on a blog I follow the other day, and I can't stop thinking about it:
“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.” Deut 4:9
This passage is speaking on the miracles that God had preformed getting the Israelites out of Egypt, and moving into their Promised Land, but I felt like it applies directly to me. I keep trying so hard to FORGET things- forget old friendships, fun memories with now estranged family, mistakes, sins, horses, Arizona- and maybe I am not suppose to spend so much time forgetting them- but rather spend time seeing God's hand in it, and remembering "the things my eyes have seen". He has been so faithful to guide and provide, I wouldn't want to forget that. Yet, if I forget the reasons He had to guide us, or provide new friends, activities, whatever- I will forget how grateful I really am. I need to remember everything, good and bad, and say THANK YOU. No matter what. Because looking now, I can see the things that I thought were "bad" at the time, were really huge blessings for my family. Ways that God has protected us from the insanity of this world.

In reality, I am so utterly happy right now- and it has absolutely nothing to do with what I think my life should look like, or how blessed I am. Happy isn't what I use to think- that giddy goofiness that sometimes strikes (especially when I am sleep deprived!)Happiness is something more- feeling like you are right, smack dab, in the middle of God's will. It solely rests on the fact that God has been merciful, and been better to me than I could ever deserve. When I keep my focus on that, none of the other stuff can make me sad. Isn't that what He wanted us to do? Not allow His great deeds to "slip from (our) hearts"?
So today, I choose to be thankful. Thankful for mean people who help me appreciate my friends all the more, arguments that remind me that "when you argue with one fool, there are two", thankful for animals who bring so much light to my life even if the time is short, just enough struggle to keep me on my knees, and enough mistakes to keep me humble. That is always easier of course, before I have to actually open my mouth and interact with this world! :)
Praying for you this morning, and that God would bless you with a great memory- a storehouse of all the ways He has freed you and yours, and how he does not repay as our sins deserve. Happy Saturday!

No comments: