Sunday, May 31, 2009

The New Editions!






Steve and I had such a blast yesterday, which has been a long time coming. We haven't been able to be alone together much, because he is off during the week while I am either working or schooling the kids, and then he works the weekend. Well, not yesterday! I asked him to go to an iris garden with me in the morning, which he actually liked (Wahoo!) and then we went to garage sales, had breakfast and found some more plants to add to the patio. He even got a palm tree- which he has been wanting but wouldn't spend the money for. So we were stoked to find one on sale at Yard and Garden for under $30, now we just need to keep it alive!


(as an FYI- if you want to plant something this big in a pot, plan to use over 2 cubic feet of dirt- yeah, that is like 60-80 pounds of the brown stuff!)

Spending time with Steve is truly one of my favorite things to do, he encourages me to "do better" and makes me laugh. I feel so blessed to get to live this adventure with him.

I have been missing my horses terribly. It makes it harder that all my friends mares are having babies, and sending me pictures, and I know my Woodie is raising her gorgeous colt. I miss China and all her sass, and it makes me sad that the girl we sold her to isn't having fun with her. I can't help wishing she was still ours- I would be riding her around right now, and I know we wouldn't have any trouble. Every sunny day is a reminder of trail rides, ground work, and the amazing smell of horse flesh. The girls would have shedded out by now (I would have groomed them bald to enjoy their new summer coats) and be glossy and breathtaking in the pasture. Ahhh, why doesn't everybody get the beauty of horses- my family in particular? :)

Oh well, enough self torture. In reality, my world has become a garden, and it is helping so much to distract my mind and ease the melancholy. I love playing with my plants and watching them grow, and it is almost as much fun to pick out a new flower for the patio as it was to buy grain and beet pulp. Almost. Flowers were specially created by my God too, and I am finding more peace in training them to grow up a trellis or down the edge of a pot then I thought possible. God is so good, when he removes one thing from our lives, he always gives something else- something GOOD.
"He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy." Acts 14:17


I am thanking God for His faithfulness to me, and praying that we are all becoming more and more faithful to Him. Believe Him at His Word, my friends, and let's see what mighty things He wants to do!

No comments: